PMDD Awareness for Line Managers and Human Resources Professionals
Course Location: Online
Lead Instructor: Clare Knox, Business Psychologist
Cost: includes course materials and Certificate of Attendance. Group discounts available. Contact us here.
Dates: 2nd December 2021: 10AM-12PM / 1PM-3PM
Delivery: The course is delivered over 2 hours via Zoom
Suitable for: Line Managers and HR Professionals who are passionate about diversity & inclusion, employee wellbeing and mental health at work
As a line manager or HR professional, you have an important role to play in ensuring the right support is in place for people with PMDD. This insightful 2 hour course will teach you to understand what PMDD is, the impact it can have on people at work and how you can help – both from an individual and organisational perspective. You will gain confidence to support colleagues living with PMDD and create a more inclusive culture as a result.
After completing the course, you will:
- Know what PMDD is and how it can affect people at work
- Understand your responsibility in supporting employees with PMDD
- Recognise the business benefits of supporting PMDD
- Identify physical, emotional, or behavioural changes in team members that may indicate PMDD
- Be able to hold effective conversations with team members about PMDD
- Know what a PMDD safety plan is and how to use it
- Be able to evaluate current organisational policies and practices in line with best-practice for PMDD
- Have the knowledge, tools and confidence to support PMDD in your organisation
1 in 20 women and AFAB (assigned female at birth) individuals suffer from Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder (PMDD). PMDD is a serious hormonal condition with a range of physical and mental health symptoms. People with PMDD are 30% more likely to attempt suicide in their lifetime compared to those without the condition.
Our vision is to improve awareness and support for people affected by Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder (PMDD). With women and those AFAB making up half of the population, never before has this been more important.